The Heart of the Andes
Welcome to Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire. This itinerary of 4 days and 3 nights will take you to discover the most impressive treasures of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. This tour includes 3 nights stay in the city of Cusco.
DAY 1: Arrival in Cusco
A guide from Latin Tours will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. After check-in, we will meet to start the City Tour. We will visit the Cathedral, the fortress of Sacsayhuaman and the surrounding ruins. In the evening, we will enjoy dinner at the restaurant Sara Wasi.
- Arrival in Cusco with transfer and name sign for the client
- Welcome with lemon candies and coca leaves
- Transfer from the airport to the city center (20 min)
- Offering of coca tea and time to rest
- Hotel check-in (11:00 AM to 12:00 PM during high season)
- Pick-up for the City Tour at the Cathedral (12:40 PM to 1:00 PM)
- Start of the City Tour
- Transfer to Sacsayhuamán
- Visit to Tambomachay.
- Stop at Pukapukara, small archaeological site
- Visit to Quenqo
- End of the excursion (6:30 PM approximately)
- Welcome dinner
- End of Day 1
DAY 2: Sacred Valley Tour
After breakfast, we will meet at the hotel to begin the tour of the Sacred Valley. We will head to Tunupa Restaurant for a delicious lunch and then visit the salt flats. In the afternoon, we will return to the hotel to rest.
- Pick-up between 6:20 AM and 6:40 AM
- Start with visits to Chincheros, Moray, and Salt Mines
- Arrival in Urubamba between 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM
- Lunch at Tunupa Sacred Valley
- Lunchtime: 45 min to 1 hour (40 minutes during high season)
- Visit to Ollantaytambo
- Travel to Pisac, with a stop at the viewpoint around 5:00 PM
- Overnight in Tika Wasi Hotel
DAY 3: Machu Picchu
After breakfast at the hotel, we will head to Poroy station to board the train bound for Machu Picchu. Once there, we will take a bus that will take us to the entrance of the archaeological park. We will tour the ruins with a guide and have lunch at Toto House in Aguas Calientes. Afterwards, we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and finally we will move to the hotel.
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Board the train to Machu Picchu.
- Arrival in Aguas Calientes at 9:45 AM
- Entry to Machu Picchu between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM
- Approximately 3.5-hour tour in Machu Picchu
- Lunch at Toto's House Restaurant
- Train departs from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo at 4:40 PM
- Arrival in Ollantaytambo at 6:30 PM
- Pick-up and return to Cusco around 8:30 PM
DAY 4: Return Home
After breakfast at the hotel, we will take you to the airport for your flight back home. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cusco with Latin Tours and hope to see you again soon.
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Transportation to the airport.
- Flight back home.